Redundant statements (was: Re: column STATISTICS lost)

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info
Cc: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redundant statements (was: Re: column STATISTICS lost)
Date: 2010-04-28 17:16:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Aloha!

I am testing Guillaume's version of pgadmin3.exe from Apr. 17.

The fix below is included and it seems to fix the problem just fine.
However, as a side effect (?) there is now a redundant statement for
each and every column:
ALTER TABLE foo ALTER COLUMN bar SET STORAGE PLAIN;
or
ALTER TABLE foo ALTER COLUMN baz SET STORAGE EXTENDED;

I think those statements should only be included, if the storage type
differs from the default setting - like "SET STATISTICS" is handled now.
It is pretty noisy as it is now.

On a side note: I would handle "WITH (OIDS=FALSE)" for table definitions
likewise: only print it, if it differs from the default setting.

Regards
Erwin