XML Todo List

From: Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XML Todo List
Date: 2010-04-27 22:42:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

I'm interested in tackling some of the todo items in XML category. Being
new to postgres hacking I'm hoping I chose an item that isn't more than
I can chew in the first sitting. One item that has caught my eye that I
(naively) hope isn't a huge todo is:

xpath_exists() is needed. It checks, whether or not the path specified
exists in the XML value. (W/o this function we need to use weird
"array_dims(xpath(...)) IS NOT NULL" syntax.)

Is any one else working on the XML todos who might have some friendly
pointers to help me on my way or am I just better off getting some code
together for general review?

Thanks,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

"I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I,
I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it"
-PULP 'Glory Days'