Driver name changed?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver name changed?
Date: 2010-04-20 15:48:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I just installed the latest PostreSQL server on my Windows development box.
I also took the psqlODBC from the Application stack builder.

Then my program couldn't establish DSN-less connections though it worked
on other PCs up until now.

It took me a while to figure out, that the name of the driver has been
changed from "PostgreSQL (UNICODE)" to "PostgreSQL ODBC Driver(UNICODE)"
so that my program couldn't find it.

I kind of depended on the name beeing constant.
Now I have a set of PCs with old and another with new name schema.

Will this change be permanent for all driver packages out there?

Cheers
Andreas