Re: Vacuum Full (PG 8.1) - Urgent help needed - Cancel & transaction "liberation"

From: Alexandre Leclerc <aleclerc(at)ipso(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum Full (PG 8.1) - Urgent help needed - Cancel & transaction "liberation"
Date: 2010-04-16 20:57:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Le 2010-04-16 16:14, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Alexandre Leclerc<aleclerc(at)ipso(dot)ca> writes:
>
>> The vacuum raised a "max_fsm_pages" of 142000 not enought and stopped.
>>
> That's just a warning that gets put out at the end of the run. Go on
> with vacuuming your other databases. Right now is no time to be
> worrying about FSM too small --- you need to get back to a running DB.
>
> regards, tom lane

Robin, Tom, Kevin,

Thank you guys. I wanted to rush and vacuum the other tables and try,
but I decided to make a copy. This is actually running. (Enough mistakes
in one day to not take the time to do it.)

After that we try to launch the DB and hopefully it will be working good
enough before the next maintenance. Else, a big week-end is coming.

As for restoring the old DB, if we must go there, we will keep a copy
for sure (the copy we are making right now).

Guys, thank you very much! Your help is invaluable.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Leclerc