Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Michael Haltrecht <michael(at)computergeek(dot)ca>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)
Date: 2010-04-10 09:10:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 17/03/2010 12:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 16/03/2010 17:29, Michael Haltrecht a écrit :
>> Even when I rotate my monitor (so it's taller than wider), I can't scroll to
>> access past the 55th field.
>> The window scroll bars don't seem to take into account the actual size of
>> the table.
>>
>> This is still an issue in 1.10.2
>>

> I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151
>
> Thanks for your report.

I reproduce this quite easily. In fact, we don't have scroll bars in
tables' graphic representation and 55 fields is the maximum number of
fields we can render on the canvas. So, you're right, you can't see past
the 55th field.

A simple way to fix this would be to have a bigger canvas. A smarter way
to fix this would be to have a growable canvas. The better way would be
to have a growable canvas and resizable tables' graphic representation.

Ashesh, is there something we can do on this issue?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org