Re: BUG #5408: Failed to connect to the database

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "omar" <omararidi(at)hotmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5408: Failed to connect to the database
Date: 2010-04-08 17:02:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"omar" <omararidi(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0
> Operating system: XP Professional SV2

The earliest version of PostgreSQL supported on Windows is 8.2. You
should be running a recent version of any release -- the 8.0 major
release is up to a 8.0.24 bug patch release, which fixes many
security and data-eating issues.

> PostgreSQL 8.0.0 is one of the applications included in MoteWorks
> platform (from Crossbow Technology Inc,)

Why would that do that, instead of a supported version? I would
suggest contacting them to see whether their software works with
something supported and patched to a recent revision.

See:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

and:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning