Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date: 2010-04-05 16:01:19
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> I am very disconcerted that there are still no docs whatsoever to
> describe how the server works in these new modes.

I did add a few paragraphs last week, see
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-SERVER-OPERATION.
It doesn't explicitly talk about that configuration where both
primary_conninfo and restore_command are missing (or misconfigured), but
it does say that it polls pg_xlog. How does that read to you?

--
Heikki Linnakangas