Re: How to fast the REINDEX

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "raghavendra t" <raagavendra(dot)rao(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to fast the REINDEX
Date: 2010-03-31 21:51:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
raghavendra t <raagavendra(dot)rao(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> my question is, how to get a performance on the existing indexes.
> You mean to say , drop the existing indexes and create the index
> with CONCURRENTLY. Does this give the performance back.

You would normally want to create first and then drop the old ones,
unless the old ones are hopelessly corrupted.  Since you still
haven't given me any information to suggest you need to reindex
except for the mention of corruption, or any information to help
identify where the performance bottleneck is, I can't see any other
improvements to suggest at this point.

-Kevin