Re: Alpha release this week?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Alpha release this week?
Date: 2010-03-31 05:57:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 3/29/10 5:04 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Last i heard from Dave on that topic is that there's no chance of that
>> happening that quickly. He's on a plane now but I'm sure he'll confirm
>> that when he lands.
>
> That means that we'll be doing the test-fest using Alpha4, materially.
> Which is annoying because it means we'll be catching a lot of bugs which
> are already fixed. However, it's pretty much impossible for me to
> coordinate 25 volunteers getting the *same* daily snapshot. And we need
> to test on Windows, since it has all kinds of special issues.

well this is actually the first release cycle where we even HAD alpha
releases - as for the snapsho thing I cannot see why you could not
download a snpashot on your own, put it somewhere (like a wiki page) and
send out an email to all the volunteers and ask them to use at least
that one if building from source...

Stefan