Re: Wiki Updates - 9.0

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tyler Hains <thains(at)profitpointinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki Updates - 9.0
Date: 2010-03-30 18:25:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Tyler Hains wrote:

> At what point does the Wiki start getting updated for new releases? It
> seems there are some significant changes needed to this page for
> version 9:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication%2C_Clustering%2C_and_Connection_Pooling

We're currently revamping everything at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Clustering ; eventually every
replication product page their should end up looking like
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slony , that's been the prototype for
revamping the look and it's basically done at this point. Between now
and 9.0 a few months from now, all of the replication solutions there
will get updated to follow that format, and from there we can assemble a
new table.

> I take it that the user accounts for the Wiki are only granted to
> trusted people to keep the info accurate? I’d happily help with
> general stuff and let people fill in the details – but didn’t see a
> way to register...

No, just sign up for a community account as described on the main page
of the wiki.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us