Re: dividing money by money

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, andy(at)balholm(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dividing money by money
Date: 2010-03-30 08:19:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

John R Pierce írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> to have a different locale than hu_HU fails.
>>
>> But then any operator between two money values would
>> only work if both values have the same currency.
>>

> indeed, its all a big tarpit. next, you'll want currency conversion
> tables. and, are there still any currenccies like old style UK where
> the subunits aren't 100ths? schillings or whatever

Yeah, and we could also switch PG numeric type to base 12
to count in dozens or base 60 to deal with the mayan calendar... ;-)

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/