GSoC

From: Anindya Jyoti Roy <anindyar(at)iitk(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GSoC
Date: 2010-03-29 20:03:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have some idea of implementing am image database system, which will
let you search against the image and fingerprint:

The idea crudely is the following:

I want to implement a image database system: This will have the
following quality:
1> will store image along with the other attributes
2> the database search engine will be able to search for image also
3> it will list the matching images in the order of degree of match.
4> in this matching system I will likely use the system of dividing the
image into important parts and match them.
5> The database will also contain fingerprints, that may  be the primary
key.
6> it will match the finger prints on the basis of the nodes and then
making a bitmap of it and using the coordinates with some error it will
match them
7> to include some accuracy in case of the angle of picture in case of
search of equality we will introduce some logical amount of error.
8> this project can be coded by me as I have some previous experience in
this type of project.
9> this will make a definitly good search engine as well as innovative
and uncommon.

About me:

I am Sophomore of Indian Institute of Technology, kanpur in CSE BTech. I
have a good academic record till date and a keen interest on Data Mining
and Machine language as well as Image processing. I am attaching my
resume in short form with this mail hoping it may help you to judge my
credibility. I am strong in Coding and Maths and able to solve problems
within given timeline.

I can give a more detail explanation of my project. But I just wanted to
give an outline here.

Let me know the feedback.
Thanks for your time,

Your faithfully,

     Anindya Jyoti Roy
     Sophomore
     CSE Bteck
     IIT Kanpur

  • Re: GSoC at 2010-03-29 23:08:23 from Robert Haas
  • Re: GSoC at 2010-03-30 00:03:28 from Josh Berkus
  • Re: GSoC at 2010-03-30 00:16:35 from Dann Corbit
  • Re: GSoC at 2010-03-30 01:03:12 from Jeff Davis
  • Re: GSoC at 2010-03-30 05:50:02 from tomas