Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: Christian Sander Røsnes <christian(at)aspiro(dot)no>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)
Date: 2005-04-20 16:33:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

There have been some discussions on this list and others in general about Dell's version of RAID cards, and server support, mainly linux support.

Before I venture into having another vendor in the shop I want to know if there are any dos/don't's about 4-way Opteron offerings from Sun and HP.

Don't want to put the topic on a different tangent, but I would be interested in the discussion of AMD Vs. XEON in terms of actual products available today.

Thanks,
Anjan