pg_restore data block error

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore data block error
Date: 2004-02-26 14:35:39
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dear All:

I am trying to restore a database (size is about 7GB) from a dump file
created by a simple backup script..The format is data.pg.

The schema restores fine,  but during the data restore, i get the
following error:

-bash-2.05b$ pg_restore -a -d access backups/access/data.pg
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected
4096, got 3608

I tried this twice now, with backups taken on different days...

I am dumping from 7.2.4 (RH8 - RAID5 set) to 7.4.0 (RH9).

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Anjan
**

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the
attorney/client and other privileges. If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and
delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

pgsql-admin by date