compilation problem with readline

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compilation problem with readline
Date: 2005-03-30 16:30:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

I need help compiling 7.4.7 please... It's not able to find readline
library, when the package is already installed...

checking for readline... no

configure: error: readline library not found

If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on

failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper

Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

# rpm -qa | grep readline

# rpm -ql readline-4.3-7

I tried to use './configure -with-libraries=/usr/lib' but that didn't
work either.

I read a post where Tom suggested to have termcap, which is also
installed on the system.

]# rpm -qa | grep termcap

Do I need something additional?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use
of the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the
and other privileges.  If you received this e-mail in error, please
notify the
sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in
reliance on
the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any
use of this e-mail is prohibited.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Joel FradkinDate: 2005-03-30 16:41:26