compilation problem with readline

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compilation problem with readline
Date: 2005-03-30 16:30:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I need help compiling 7.4.7 please... It's not able to find readline
library, when the package is already installed...

checking for readline... no

configure: error: readline library not found

If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on
the

failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
directory.

Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

#

# rpm -qa | grep readline

readline-4.3-7

# rpm -ql readline-4.3-7

/usr/lib/libhistory.so.4

/usr/lib/libhistory.so.4.3

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.3

/usr/share/info/history.info.gz

/usr/share/info/readline.info.gz

/usr/share/info/rluserman.info.gz

/usr/share/man/man3/history.3.gz

/usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz

I tried to use './configure -with-libraries=/usr/lib' but that didn't
work either.

I read a post where Tom suggested to have termcap, which is also
installed on the system.

]# rpm -qa | grep termcap

termcap-11.0.1-17

libtermcap-2.0.8-36

Do I need something additional?

Thanks,
Anjan

******************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use
of the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the
attorney/client
and other privileges.  If you received this e-mail in error, please
notify the
sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in
reliance on
the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any
other
use of this e-mail is prohibited.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Joel FradkinDate: 2005-03-30 16:41:26