SAN performance

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SAN performance
Date: 2004-09-22 21:49:02
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello,

I'll be moving a DB from internal RAID-10 SCSI storage to an EMC CX300
FC RAID-10 LUN, bound to the host. I've setup a test host machine and a
test LUN. The /var/lib/pgsql/data folder is sym-linked to a partition on
the LUN.

Other than the shared_buffers, effective cache size, and sort memory, I
am not sure if I need to change any other parameters in the
postgresql.conf file for getting maximum performance from the EMC box.

Is there a general guideline for setting up postgres database and the
tunable parameters on a SAN, especially for EMC?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Anjan

pgsql-performance by date