Re: Getting started

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Donn Washburn <n5xwb(at)comcast(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Novice elist <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting started
Date: 2010-03-26 19:39:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom, speaking of the init scripts, I really like Ubuntu variety which
also includes the version. I am scratching my head what to do with a Red
Hat 8.3.8 version and how to migrate it to 8.4, because setting up 2
homes and using a migrator is a pain. I would recommend emulating
Ubuntu structure from the scratch on Red Hat and split everything into
/var/lib/postgres/8.x and /etc/postgres/8.x, with the init scripts
reflecting that.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA