Documentation/Cleanup Command for Hot Standby

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation/Cleanup Command for Hot Standby
Date: 2010-03-11 13:19:53
Lists: pgsql-testers

I've been reviewing HS/SR and have a couple of thoughts/notes:

- The recovery_done_command is not documented (that I can find, at
least) in the documentation.
- There is (presently) no way to have PostgreSQL's standby node "clean
up" unneeded WAL files (the %r parameter for archive_command).  I saw
some talk about adding a 'archive_cleanup_command' to recovery.conf, but
that doesn't seem to work (yet).  I think this should be listed as a
to-do item on the wiki for this application (or if it was added after
the alpha4 release, noted as a completed item.)  Without a way to
cleanup archives, the wal archive could end up getting very large, and
even fill up the file system it is on...

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-03-11 18:44:35
Subject: Re: Numerics of diffrent scales Raises Type Mismatch Error in a Set Returning Function