Documentation/Cleanup Command for Hot Standby

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation/Cleanup Command for Hot Standby
Date: 2010-03-11 13:19:53
Lists: pgsql-testers
Hi,

I've been reviewing HS/SR and have a couple of thoughts/notes:

- The recovery_done_command is not documented (that I can find, at
least) in the documentation.
- There is (presently) no way to have PostgreSQL's standby node "clean
up" unneeded WAL files (the %r parameter for archive_command).  I saw
some talk about adding a 'archive_cleanup_command' to recovery.conf, but
that doesn't seem to work (yet).  I think this should be listed as a
to-do item on the wiki for this application (or if it was added after
the alpha4 release, noted as a completed item.)  Without a way to
cleanup archives, the wal archive could end up getting very large, and
even fill up the file system it is on...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-03-11 18:44:35
Subject: Re: Numerics of diffrent scales Raises Type Mismatch Error in a Set Returning Function