Trying to build pgadmin from svn

From: Ilan Volow <listboy(at)clarux(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trying to build pgadmin from svn
Date: 2010-03-09 15:30:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I recently decided to look into the possibility of doing some hacking on
pgadmin to add some features/fixes that I've wanted.  I'm trying to
build pgadmin on OS X (10.6 Snow Leopard) using the EnterpriseDB
Postgres Plus distribution and the latest svn checkout. I followed the
instructions for OS X to the tee, I set the PG_HOME variable to
/Library/PostgresPlus/8.3, but I still got configure errors complaining
about the postgresql directory not being present. I even tried passing
in the --with-pgsql=DIR parameter, but it didn't make any difference.
I'm stumped, because far as I know, I have all of the necessary
libraries to build pgadmin with the stock install of snow leopard and
the enterprise db install. I suppose I could download all the complete
source trees for WxMac, Postgresql, libxml, etc, but I'm trying to take
the easiest route first.

Below is the output of the configure command. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin10.2.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin10.2.0
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether to use precompiled headers... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking netdb.h usability... yes
checking netdb.h presence... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for working strtod... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for pg_config... /Library/PostgresPlus/8.3/bin/pg_config
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... yes
checking for krb5_sendauth in -lkrb5... yes
checking for PQexec in -lpq... no
checking for SSL_connect in -lpq... present
checking for krb5_free_principle in -lpq... not present
checking libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking PostgreSQL in /Library/PostgresPlus/8.3... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid PostgreSQL installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

-- Ilan

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Ilan VolowDate: 2010-03-09 17:07:15