Re: Enhancement request2 - auto reconnect

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enhancement request2 - auto reconnect
Date: 2010-03-08 22:47:16
Lists: pgadmin-support
Le 08/03/2010 23:08, Little, Douglas a écrit :
> [...]
> A common complaint I have at my site is that Pgadmin doesn't automatically reconnect if it's not connected.    Our networking folks, in their infinite wisdom,  force terminate all sessions after 5mins of inactivity.  For client/server apps like pgadmin it's a problem, since the session is expected to be connected.  Usually pgadmin will just complain, but often it crashes.   Would be nice if the session is not connected to have it automatically reconnect.   Also,  would be nice if there were a reconnect option.   Refresh works, but it also often crashes the app.

Dave did something for this for next release.

> 2. Server status. On the server status screen, would be nice if the grids were sortable.  (click on column headers) as expected in typical windows apps.

Not that easy to do, but something we want also.
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/81

> 3. Server status - Log search.  Enable highlight/cut and/or local save.

Highlight and copy are already available. Local save is not. Could be
easy to do.

> We're actually liking PGadmin more than the commercial apps.
>
> Thanks for the great work guys (n gals)

Thanks for your ideas (and for sharing them).

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org