Re: Expanded information template

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Expanded information template
Date: 2010-03-08 02:44:28
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I've expanded the template for information about clustering projects:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Clustering#Template_for_information
> Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be trying to fill out this template
> for existing projects I know.  If any of the project members themselves
> can get the additional information, that's great.

Obviously collecting accurate info here is the hard part and I don't
want to get in the way of that with formatting trivia.

But at some point, at least the "General Info" section here really needs
to be turned into a proper MediaWiki template.  That not only will make
the formatting consistent across all the pages, it will allow adding new
fields as needed (they'll just show up as empty for entries that don't
fill in a value yet), and it makes a future effort to scrape all this
data out into a master table a whole lot easier to accomplish.

Brendan Jurd is the resident "Turn this repetitive pile of data into a
proper template" wizard for the PG Wiki, cc'ing him here to see if he
has any time to help out with this one.