Re: cheap/free video conferencing?

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: ๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cheap/free video conferencing?
Date: 2010-03-04 17:27:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 03/04/2010 01:02 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> 2010/3/4 ๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>:
>> http://www.webex.com/
>> We've been using it and works fine.
>
> We use webex at work, but I've never managed to get it to play nicely
> with my Macs.
>
> I did get GotoMeeting working the other day though. Dunno if it does
> video, but it certainly does screen sharing.

I'm not sure any of the mentioned solutions really meets your
requirements, but as long as you are looking at webex and gotomeeting,
it is worth looking at dimdim. The service is less expensive than the
other two, and there is an open source version you can download and run
for yourself. They are also working on fully functional Linux support,
although it isn't out yet.

How many concurrent video feeds are you wanting to have?

Joe