plperl _init settings

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>
Subject: plperl _init settings
Date: 2010-03-03 00:33:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There appears to be some significant misunderstanding of what can be
done effectively using the various *_init settings for plperl.

In particular, some people have got an expectation that modules loaded
in plperl.on_init will thereby be available for use in trusted plperl.

I propose to add the following note to the docs:

Preloading modules using plperl.on_init does not make them available
for use by plperl. External perl modules can only be used in plperlu.

Comments?

cheers

andrew