Re: USE_LIBXSLT in MSVC builds

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: USE_LIBXSLT in MSVC builds
Date: 2010-03-02 16:00:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>> BTW, it looks like the MSVC build scripts don't bother to make sure that
>>> USE_LIBXSLT is defined (or not) correctly --- at least I can't see any
>>> reference to that symbol in the Windows-specific files.  This is now
>>> necessary to avoid disabling the xslt functionality in contrib/xml2.
>>> I'm not too sure what to poke there, any help?
>>>

>> I have committed a fix for this.
>>

> Thanks, but please backpatch --- all active branches need this.

OK, I have gone back as far as 8.2, which is where the MSVC build system
started. I'm keeping my fingers crossed slightly about the 8.2 fix. 8.3
and 8.4 should be fine. We don't have buildfarm coverage for 8.2, as the
MSVC build system wasn't mature enough at that stage.

> Also, mastodon is still failing the xml2 test, not sure why.  Looks to
> be a build problem, but why is (for instance) baiji unaffected?

Baiji built before I put in the patch, so it didn't have USE_LIBXSLT
enabled.

Looks like we have a bit more work to do ;-(

cheers

andrew