Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime

From: "Ing (dot) Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda" <mlortiz(at)uci(dot)cu>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime
Date: 2010-02-28 18:12:04
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Greg Smith escribió:
> Ing . Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda wrote:
>> What happend with Skype and its nodes? It´s very interested for me
>> because I use too the Skytools for
>> many HA solutions with PostgreSQL.
>
> It sounds like Skype has situations where it would prefer to pause
> archiving when nodes go down, am just looking for more details about
> why that is.
>

>> Where I can find the code/status developmet of Pg-2?
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Postgres-2 gives an overview.
>
>> Greg, Will you talk about this on the PgEast 2010?
>
> I'm doing a talk at PG East 2010, but not on this topic.  The main
> talk list is up:  http://www.postgresqlconference.org/2010/east/talks
> and there are a few replication-related ones on there.
>
> The main reason I mentioned it is that East tends to have a few of the
> Slony developers floating around, and I had the impression it was the
> app that wanted this parser feature.  It looks like I was wrong about
> that.

I just think that this idea for the parser is awesome, they should look
and discuss the idea with you and Tatsuo Ishii that has great thoughs
about that. The work done in PgPool-II is awesome, we use it here too
for pymes that want to adopt PostgreSQL for its business. If these
features was included on the parser like a library apart, many things
can be reproduced with that, PgPool-II have had allways with VOLATILE
functions, this could change that.

I´m looking potential project where give my help for POstgreSQL; wich I
use since 2003. I want to work on the total SQL/MED implementation on
PostgreSQL, and the other project that I have looked is Postgres-2.
Soon, you ´ll have news about our work on Cuba about all this.

Regards to all

"Para ser realmente grande, hay que estar con la gente, no por encima de ella."
                                                                   Montesquieu
Ing. Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
-- Database Architect/Administrator                   --
-- PostgreSQL RDBMS                                   --
-- http://www.postgresql.org                          --
-- Data WareHouse -- Business Intelligence Apprentice --
-- Linux User # 418229                                --

** Centro de Tecnologías de Almacenamiento y Análisis de Datos (CENTALAD) **
** Contacto:                                                              **
**         Correo: centalad(at)uci(dot)cu                                        **
**           Telf: +53 07-837-3737                                        **
**                 +53 07-837-3714                                        **
**                    Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas            **
**                                http://www.uci.cu                       **