Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime
Date: 2010-02-27 23:49:38
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Since I didn't hear anything about "API into the Parser / Parser as an
independent module", I just wrote my own summary of what I think the
idea was there is and am moving on.  I'll try to track down more info at
PG East next month when I run into some of the people I think care about
this.

Next up is "Start/stop archiving at runtime".  First set of questions:

-Is this referring to the current PITR archiving as done via
archive_command, does it intend to cover a wider scope than that, or is
"archiving" being used in a general replication sense instead not
related to that?

-What is the issue with Skype and failed nodes this is alluding to?

-Pg-2 is mentioned as having something related to this; story?

pgsql-cluster-hackers by date

Previous:From: Markus WannerDate: 2010-02-15 05:54:58
Subject: Re: Global Deadlock Information