Was partitioned table row estimation fixed in 9.0?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Was partitioned table row estimation fixed in 9.0?
Date: 2010-02-26 22:52:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There were a flurry of patches around this from Stark and Aster Data, so
I'm checking if I should be testing on 9.0 or adding this to the TODO list.

The problem I'm grappling with is that OUTER JOINS against the master in
a partitioned table (joining to the append node) gives a row estimate
which does not take into account any CE applicable to the partitioned
table. The CE is properly executed when the join is actually executed,
but with the row estimate way off (orders of magnitude) you often get
bad plans for other joins in the query.

This seems fixable for 9.1 if it hasn't been done already.

--Josh Berkus