Re: Special table names

From: Marcin Krol <mrkafk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Special table names
Date: 2010-02-26 13:35:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Michael Wood wrote:

> In addition to what Andreas said, try "\dS" (and "\?").

Thanks, that's useful -- but that still doesn't let me tell where 'user'
table (view? alias?) comes from.

> You should probably use "CREATE ROLE", "ALTER ROLE", "DROP ROLE" etc.
> instead of manipulating pg_user directly.

I have no intention to do that; I just created test db via ORM called
SQLAlchemy, with table named 'user'.

Then I drop into psql, do 'select * from user' to see what's in there
and I don't see what I expected to see:

ts=# \c ts;

ts=# select * from user;
current_user
postgres
(1 row)

So I'm wondering if there are other special table names I should avoid.

Regards,
mk