Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG
Date: 2010-02-26 11:12:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
>
>> Can you try whether the first patch (missing float.h from data.c)
>> solves the problem? And together with the 2nd one? In that
>> patch I fixed the order of float.h and math.h in nan_test.pgc,
>> which is the opposite of the order found in e.g. backend/utils/adt/float.c.
>>

>> The 3rd patch is explicit about NetBSD/mips but it doesn't feel right.
>>

> The third patch is surely wrong.  We don't need to do that in the
> backend's instance of get_float8_nan, so ecpglib shouldn't need it
> either.
>
> I suspect that the ultimate cause of this is either one of the header
> inclusion inconsistencies you found, or something associated with
> not pulling in all the stuff that postgres.h does.  port/netbsd.h
> is empty though, so it's not immediately clear what might be missing.

ecpglib/data.c includes "postgres_fe.h", so it should be pulling
everything that's relevant from port/*, right?

Michael, can we try to install the first two patches?
They wouldn't hurt.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/