Re: Version 9 Beta testing day? -- need venue, food sponsor

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version 9 Beta testing day? -- need venue, food sponsor
Date: 2010-02-24 22:59:58
Lists: sfpug

Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Ok, it sounds like we have enough interested people.
>
> Next, we need a venue and a food sponsor. Venue is easier; we could
> use Noisebridge or one of the other collectives, or one of our usual
> meeting places (EZRez?)

David's loft?? :)
> Does anyone want to step forward as a food sponsor, or do I need to go
> hunting people? I'll make a nice announcement for the sponsor.
OK, waaaay premature I suppose but is there a "wish list" (in addition
to machines and people, I mean)? Stuff like extension cords,
power-strips, network-cables.... And perhaps a list of builds and/or
system-requirements so those with machines can set them up in advance
(Configure for DHCP? Pre-assign IP addresses? Any specific PG config
options for compiling or use a specific pre-built source?).

I'm sure lots of the stuff will require matched sets of
OS/architecture/... but are we planning to only test on Linux or on
BSD/Windows/Solaris/...?

Just a few things that popped into my mind. Perhaps we should have a
page at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SFPUG similar to the prep for OSCon.

PS died in one of my spare machines but I may be able to resurrect it if
I have the time.

BTW, what is the typical $$ required for a food sponsor?

Cheers,
Steve