sql-files with control characters at the beginning

From: Andreas Laggner <andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sql-files with control characters at the beginning
Date: 2010-02-24 14:50:51
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi List,

i want to execute my sql-files, written with pgadmin 1.10.0 (from
binaries for openSuse 11.2 64bit) directly on the server via nohup. But
since 1.10 (i never had that problem in 1.08) the sql-file saved by
pgadmin begins with 3 control characters. I can only see these
characters, if i open the sql-file with mc and go to edit hexadecimal -
i can replace these three by 20 20 20 (three space) and then i can run
the sql-file, otherwise psql returns: syntax error at or near <feff>.
This occurs on openSuse 11.2 64bit and on openSuse 11.1 64bit. Why puts
pgadmin thiese three characters to my files??

cheers      Andreas

Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner

Institut für Agrarrelevante Klimaforschung (AK) des vTI
Arbeitsgruppe Emissionsinventare
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut (vTI),
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei

Institute of Agricultural Climate Research (AK) of the vTI
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institute (vTI),
Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 2636
Fax : (+49) (0)531 596 2645
E-mail: andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2010-02-24 15:00:46
Previous:From: Andreas LaggnerDate: 2010-02-24 14:40:21
Subject: Window Size SQL-query