Re: Fwd: exception in plsql

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Ravi" <nm(dot)ravi2005(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: exception in plsql
Date: 2010-02-22 15:34:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Ravi <nm(dot)ravi2005(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> when I tried to use the toArray method to extract exception raised
> saying
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Cannot cast an instance of
> [Ljava.lang.Object; to type Types.ARRAY

OK, that looks like an array, so I'm now a bit lost.

Could you put together a self-contained example of how to create the
problem?  (Self-contained meaning that I can take what you provide
and run it, without writing any Java or plpgsql code or inventing
table or type definitions -- which might or might not match what you
did well enough to show the problem.)  It's most helpful if you keep
removing things until you have the *smallest* example which still
shows the problem.

-Kevin