Re: Backups

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <lists(at)itech7(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backups
Date: 2010-02-21 02:06:30
Lists: pgsql-admin
Nilesh Govindarajan  wrote:

> I can prevent the changes to the database when the
> backup is going on, but how do I grant the permissions ? I don't
> want to key in the password for the superuser in the script.

There are so many ways to deal with that that it's hard to make a
suggestion without knowing more.  You could just use CREATE USER and
GRANT to set things up, you could use trust authentication in the
pg_hba.conf to grant a database superuser permission from a secure
machine, or you could use a pgpass file.  (Check the documentation
for details.)  If I got creative I could probably come up with more,
but I'm shooting in the dark here.

-Kevin

pgsql-admin by date

Previous:From: Nilesh GovindarajanDate: 2010-02-21 01:59:42