pg_subtrans

From: Kevin Johnson <Kevin(dot)Johnson(at)noaa(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_subtrans
Date: 2010-02-19 14:33:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am attempting to get information on the pg_subtrans directory. I
found this morning that one had a large number of files queued in it.
It filled the disk partition on which pgdata resides. After moving,
linking and restarting as a temporary solution, the engine properly
worked off these files. So, I'm trying now to get to the root cause of
why it filled in the first place -- however I'm not sure when postgres
engine uses this directory. I've searched the documentation and mailing
list archive, but can't find much. Can anyone give me a link or some
more information?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Kevin