Re: Refresh timer in status window very unintuitive

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refresh timer in status window very unintuitive
Date: 2010-02-16 22:17:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 16/02/2010 13:47, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> From what I can tell, the refresh timer in the status window is
> configured independently for each pane.

You're right.

> But since we are now showing all panes at the same time, that's
> *extremely* un-untuitive.

Yes.

> If we
> want to keep a timer-per-pane, we should make it more clear that the
> rate is for only that. Otherwise, we should make it a single refresh
> rate...

The server status patch for previous release had quite some changes, so
I'm not sure that four timers are still essential. Anyways, we can still
have four different timers and only one refresh rate.

Dave, do you remember why you think four timers are essential?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org