Re: How to speedup inserts via ADO ?

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to speedup inserts via ADO ?
Date: 2010-02-16 14:38:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

OK, there was some confusion in my timings.
The problem is not when inserting directly via ADO. This works fine, and
I have response times roughly equivalent to direct psql queries (10.000
inserts in ~7.5s in ODBC and ~7.0s in pgAdmin).

The problem is with linked tables.
No matter what connection string I use to link them (I use
protocol=7.4-1) and whether I use a transaction or not, it takes
approximatively 20 times more time.
In the previous example, inserting 10.000 rows in the linked table takes
~150s !

I have a mylog output, but it is quite huge.
Are there any known tweaks to make inserts on linked ODBC tables faster?

Thanks a lot !
Regards

--
Arnaud Lesauvage