[GENERAL] libecpg versions and libecpg_compat

From: Rob Newton <robn(at)mirrabooka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] libecpg versions and libecpg_compat
Date: 2010-02-15 23:44:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,
I posted this to the GENERAL list a while back, but got no repies.
Perhaps someone here can help...

I've been building ECPG (embedded SQL/C) programs on a system with
Pg version 8.0 installed.  When I tried to run them recently on
version 8.4 I found that there was a libecpg library
incompatibility:  v8.0 uses, whereas 8.4 uses

Then I noticed libecpg_compat in the lib area.  What is this used
for?  "compat" suggests compatibility between different versions?
But Pg 8.0 has, whereas Pg 8.4 has

Is there some way of building with Pg v8.0 ECPG lib and running on a
system with Pg v8.4 ECPG lib?  or vice versa? and is libecpg_compat
intended for that purpose?

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Greg StarkDate: 2010-02-15 23:44:49