Re: [FWD] About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Leonardo F <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [FWD] About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
Date: 2010-02-15 08:47:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Leonardo F wrote:
> Could at least the message:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-02/msg00766.php
> be added to the TODO page, under
> "Improve CLUSTER performance by sorting to reduce
> random I/O" ?
> It would be sad if the patch got lost...

You should read http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch and
follow the instructions there. As outlined in the "Submission timing"
section, you're asking about something during the wrong time to be doing
so--that's why you're not getting any real feedback. Add your patch to
the next CommitFest by linking to your message at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/ and it won't get lost--it will get
assigned a reviewer at the time when the time comes to look at
completely new patches again.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.com