Re: Explain buffers display units.

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: "<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Explain buffers display units.
Date: 2010-02-15 04:44:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:
> b) Used units of memory -- I formatted them with 3 significant digits
> (unless the unit is bytes or kB where that would be silly). It's just
> what looked best to my eye.

How does this compare with what comes out of pg_size_pretty
(src/backend/utils/adt/dbsize.c)? I already have code floating around
that parses the output from pg_size_pretty when I'm slurping in things
from PostgreSQL, and it's not immediately obvious to me what having a
format that's similar to but not quite the same as that one is buying here.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us