Re: PostgreSQL on SMP Architectures

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Reydan Cankur <reydan(dot)cankur(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on SMP Architectures
Date: 2010-02-14 19:05:30
Lists: pgsql-performance
Reydan Cankur írta:
> I want to do the second. I want to spread out the workload on all
> cores. But also I want to set the core number; for example first I
> want to spread out the workload to 32 cores then 64 cores and see the
> scalability.

You can use taskset(1) or schedtool(8) to set the CPU affinity
of the postmaster. New backends inherit the setting.

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/