ANSI psqlodbc 08.04.0200 not working on Linux x64 with iODBC

From: Luke Coldiron <luke(at)cedarstump(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ANSI psqlodbc 08.04.0200 not working on Linux x64 with iODBC
Date: 2010-02-14 19:05:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I am trying to get the ANSI psqlodbc version 08.04.0200 to work with
iODBC on a Linux x64 system.  If I compile the unicode version of
psqlodbc version 08.04.0200 I am able to make a successful connection to
a PostgreSQL 8.4.2 database with iodbctest.  However, if I compile the
ANSI version with the following it will compile but when I use iodbctest
to test the connection the connection attempt fails.

../configure --with-iodbc=/usr/local/bin/iodbc-config --enable-unicode=no
make

I turned on tracing and compared the difference between the ANSI and
UNICODE and other than the pointers I don't see a difference.  However
with the unicode version I get a SQL prompt with the ANSI version it
says have a nice and and dumps me back to the command prompt.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Luke

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: lukeDate: 2010-02-15 16:03:59