Re: knngist patch support

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: knngist patch support
Date: 2010-02-13 20:59:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Reflecting on it, it seems to me that the separate SearchSysCacheN()
> macros are obviously cleaner and closer to preferred project style than
> the existing code with all those explicit zeroes.  So I think there's
> a case for migrating to that style even if we didn't have a concern
> about the max number of lookup keys.

http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/syscache-0.1.gz

Patch enlarges number of arguments of SearchSysCache and friends to 5 and
introduces SearchSysCacheN (and friends) macroses. All
SearchSysCache/SearchSysCacheCopy/SearchSysCacheExists/SearchSysCacheList/GetSysCacheOid
calls are converted into calling macroses.

For compatibility, we could rename SearchSysCache into SearchSysCacheSomething
and provide SearchSysCache function for old code.
--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/