Re: PgCon: who will be there?

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)endpoint(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgCon: who will be there?
Date: 2010-02-11 20:16:38
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Hi,

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> * Getting truncate MVCC safe
> * Getting system tables MVCC safe

Can you elaborate on how these two relate to clustering?

> * Allowing triggers on system tables (or other mechanism)

I understand the need for that one.

> Perhaps, but there seems to be very little overlap in the things I
> work on (async replication) versus some of the other solutions
> (esp. built-in and synchronous ones)

Spotting the common issues/modules is one of the reasons why we get (or
got) together.

For example, I'm interested in the conflict resolution logic of Bucardo.
I plan to add something akin for Postgres-R to reduce the amount of
transactions that need to be aborted.

Regards

Markus Wanner