Re: Writeable CTEs and empty relations

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(dot)tiikkaja(at)cs(dot)helsinki(dot)fi>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Writeable CTEs and empty relations
Date: 2010-02-11 01:44:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 2010-02-11 02:13 +0200, I wrote:
> On 2010-02-11 01:58 +0200, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I have to admit I've been starting to have a feeling over the last
>> couple of days that this patch isn't going to make it for 9.0...  but
>> obviously I'm in no position to guarantee anything one way or the
>> other.  Please do keep us up to date on your plans, though.
>
> Unfortunately, so have I.  I'll take a shot at implementing this, but if
> I come across any problems, I have to give up.

I'm going to have to disappoint a bunch of people and give up. :-(

At this point, I've already used a huge amount of my time and energy to
work on this patch during this commit fest, and I simply can't continue
like this.  There's only 4 days left anyway, and I don't feel confident
enough to spend a lot of time during the next couple of days just to get
one more shot.  I don't even have any kind of certainty that there
would've been a shot, even if I finished the patch on time.

Thanks everyone for helping out and reviewing this, especially Robert
and Tom.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja