Re: buildfarm breakage

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: buildfarm breakage
Date: 2010-02-09 09:21:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes írta:
> On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 08:20:04PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>>> MSVC builds are broken from a missing _isnan function on the ECPG tests.
>>> Do we need to link in a math lib or something there?
>>>
>> It looks to me like the problem is that that test is being compiled
>> without benefit of any platform-dependent code whatsoever. In the rest
>> of the system, isnan and isinf work on WIN32 because the compiles can
>> see the macro definitions in port/win32.h. nan_test is apparently not
>> including that. I'm not sure of Michael's plan for portability of
>> these test cases --- if he doesn't want to include c.h or something
>> close to that, I think the nan test has to go away.
>>

> Actually I was hoping someone with some Windows experience would take a look at
> it or Zoltan would come up with a fix, after all it was his addition. :-)

Yes, it was. :-)

For the regression test, I am inclined to just do

#ifdef WIN32
#define isnan(x) _isnan(x)
#define isinf(x) _isinf(x)
#endif

or something like that in the regression test only.
MSVC seems to define the these functions with
an underscore prefix. :-(

Can we try that? Without adding port/* to libpq, this is
the smallest change that may fix the Windows regression tests.

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/