Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Maga Abdurakhmanov <maqdev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration
Date: 2010-02-08 21:24:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Maga,

Le 07/02/2010 02:43, Maga Abdurakhmanov a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm tired to see always white background of SQL editor, while background
> color on my system has another color and is not so bright.
> So I implemented feature to allow custom configuration for SQL syntax
> highlight, default background and foreground colors.
> I hope you like it. See an attached patch and screenshot with options shown.
> I've tested it on Windows Vista, hope it works on other platforms too.

I like it. Seems good to me. Works on Linux. I'm less sure for Mac OS X.
Anyways, the UI needs some more work:

 * if "Use system background color" is checked, the associated
   wxColourPickerCtrl widgets should be disabled
 * the same for "Use system foreground color"
 * "Element colour x" doesn't mean anything to our users, the text
   should be replaced with a better text (for example "SQL words",
   "Text literals", or something better)

When this is fixed, it'll be applied to the SVN (unless anyone objects).

Thanks for working on this.