Re: PgCon: who will be there?

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgCon: who will be there?
Date: 2010-02-06 06:51:53
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Hi,

Greg Smith wrote:
> I'll be there and attend any such event.  The main thing I'd like to see
> discussed a little more is just how the items described at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ClusterFeatures fit together.  I see a
> lot of small details there, but it's not really clear in each case why
> these particular features are important, what dependencies exist, and
> what "prior art" is floating around.  I'd be glad to organize a
> discussion reviewing that list and promise to document the result.

+1

> If I
> can get someone to explain some of these to me a little better, I'll
> make sure that insight makes it into written form for others too.

Well, I think the devil is in the details. Meaning you'll rather get
two, three or even more different descriptions (and wishes) than just
one. Fleshing out what's usable for most of them (and doesn't hinder the
others) is the hard part. And it's not like we did lots of that back in
Tokyo.

However, we can start discussing various features of that list right now
on this mailing list. That would help a lot in preparation for such an
event. I'll start with one that I'm interested in.

Regards

Markus Wanner