Re: PgCon: who will be there?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgCon: who will be there?
Date: 2010-02-06 06:22:24
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Are you planning on attending PgCon?
> Is there any particular subject related to clustering that you're most
> eager to discuss or hear an update about during the conference?
> If we scheduled a cluster-hackers specific meetup one evening, would
> you be interested in attending?

I'll be there and attend any such event.  The main thing I'd like to see
discussed a little more is just how the items described at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ClusterFeatures fit together.  I see a
lot of small details there, but it's not really clear in each case why
these particular features are important, what dependencies exist, and
what "prior art" is floating around.  I'd be glad to organize a
discussion reviewing that list and promise to document the result.  If I
can get someone to explain some of these to me a little better, I'll
make sure that insight makes it into written form for others too.