Spec discussion: Generalized Data Queue / Modification Trigger

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Spec discussion: Generalized Data Queue / Modification Trigger
Date: 2010-02-05 21:49:51
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Per -hackers, we need to have two things for each of our desired features:

(1) a clear specification on how the feature should work, and how it
should be implemented.

(2) specific people to work on the feature.

As such, I'm starting with a feature which isn't the highest priority as
far as votes are concerned, but is *my* highest priority as far as stuff
I'd personally like to use.

Now, I have my idea on how I'd like the Data Queue / Modification
Triggers to work, but I'm not the one who proposed those two closely
related features.  Can the original proposers speak up on what kind of
spec you had in mind?

--Josh Berkus

pgsql-cluster-hackers by date