Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-02-01 16:14:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi there,

I resisted too long to this funny thread. Here's my contribution.

Some not-that-serious proposals :

PostgreSQL : Your databases belongs to ... you!
PostgreSQL : This one is free, unless you really don't want to.
PostgreSQL : The database under ACID
PostgreSQL : (Both the) worst name and the best database, ever.
PostgreSQL : If you care for you data only
PostgreSQL : Community driven database. Except gotchas.
PostgreSQL : Let others think it works because you're a good DBA
PostgreSQL : I swear it was working yesterday
PostgreSQL : No downtime, except when I do badly minded rm's
PostgreSQL : No need to benchmark it with others
PostgreSQL : We bring toasts

Ok. Let's do some more serious proposals

I like the idea where PostgreSQL fits every RDBMS needs:

PostgreSQL : One fits all. From small to world business companies.
PostgreSQL : Grows with your business
PostgreSQL : You'll try it for costs. You'll keep it for the rest.

... and the idea it is rock solid

PostgreSQL : Rock solid database
PostgreSQL : 24/7 database
PostgreSQL : Doesn't loose a single byte

... or the idea the community is the most important side of the project

PostgreSQL : When community meets business
PostgreSQL : Community works
PostgreSQL : The more brains, the better code
PostgreSQL : Community driven database
PostgreSQL : Every one's database.

Those are some cents of ideas.

I think lots of those proposal meets other ones. Thats a good point, we
share the same ideas on PostgreSQL.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo